This post describes simple steps on How to Add Website to Bing Webmaster so that you can submit your URLs to Bing Webmaster tools. Adding your website to Bing Webmaster is an effective way to drive organic traffic to your website or blog thereby reaching more people. So if you have got a website or blog, then you have to continue reading this post so as to learn how to add your website to Bing webmaster tool.
Bing Webmaster Tools is a free service as part of Microsoft’s Bing search engine which allows webmasters to add their websites to the Bing index crawler. This tool is probably one of the most valuable free SEO tools available to site owners and helps to improve your site’s performance in global search.
Like I mentioned earlier, adding your website or blog to Bing is one effective way to drive traffic effortlessly to your website. As a result, site owner’s uses this tool to achieve a lot for their businesses or services.
A generally recognised plugin (compatible with WordPress and other website builders) that is often used in adding a website to Bing Webmaster tool is called Yoast SEO. Although there are other plugins or tools you can use to achieve this same purpose but for the sake of this post, we are going to be considering how to add website to Bing webmaster tool using Yoast SEO plugin. So without wasting more time, let’s get down to the main business of the day.
How to Add Website to Bing Webmaster Tools
The first step in this process is to download and install Yoast SEO plugin to your website or blog. Make sure you correctly get Yoast SEO working on your site. Once this is done, follow the steps below to begin adding your website to Bing.
1. Head over to Bing Webmaster Tools through any browser on your device. It’s preferable to perform this task on a desktop computer or laptop
2. Now you have to login your Bing account using Google or other email accounts.
3. On the homepage you will see the ‘Add a Site’ field. Enter your site URL address in the field and hit on the ‘Add’ button
4. Type in your sitemap URL in the right space provided. If you do not have custom sitemap for your website, you can use the default URL format for sitemap URL i.e example.com/sitemap_index.xml.
5. Choose the time of the day when you receive the most traffic to your website. If you’re connecting your website for the first time and don’t know anything about when your site’s traffic is the highest, just choose the default option, ‘All Day (Default)‘. Then click on ‘Add’ button below the page to continue.
7. Afterwards, copy the Meta tag code that appears on the next page and head over to your website dashboard. Note that there are other ways to verify ownership of the site but we are using the Meta tag method for the sake of this article.
8. Login to your WordPress website dashboard and click on SEO>>General option from the left navigation panel of your website dashboard.
9. Select Webmaster Tools option from the options that appear next at the top of the page to continue
10. Under Bing Verification Code, paste the Meta tag code you copied from Bing Webmaster tool, then scroll down and click ‘Save Changes’
11. Finally go back to Bing Webmaster Tool and click on ‘Verify’ below the page to complete the process here. That’s all!
If you have followed the steps correctly, you will successfully connect your site to Bing Webmaster tools.
Now to submit your site URLs, go to your Bing Webmaster tool dashboard. Select ‘Configure My Site’ from the left navigation panel. Then click on ‘Submit URLs’. Copy your website URL which you want to submit to Bing and paste in the box there. Click ‘Submit’ and your URL will be submitted at once.
That’s all I have for you today on How to Add Website to Bing Webmaster | Submit URLs to Bing.
I hope this article was helpful? Please feel free to leave us a comment or question using the COMMENT BOX below.